Tuesday, February 23, 12:00p.m. The Ex-Recruiter Show with Paul Paris & Karla Porter. Guest: Blake Cannon, Recruiter & Patriot. Call in at: 347-989-8728.
Blake Cannon on some of the most pressing issues workforce facing military veterans from his most recent blog post:
Here are a few of the immediate problems that need to be addressed right away
- There are an enormous amount of recently separated Veterans that have entered the workforce and there will be more on the way with the upcoming withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
- Most companies do not currently have a defined Veteran Hiring Program
- Companies hire differently today than they did after any other major military conflict
- Most organizations are utilizing Internal recruiters who typically have zero military experience (and thats OK)
- External Recruiters Companies typically will not pay a fee for Military Personnel with mixed backgrounds and experience they do not consider Veterans fee eligible
- Hiring from websites does not work for Veterans
- Companies and the Public have a good outward message for supporting Veterans but they are not as a whole, willing to put any real skin in the game
- A veterans true experience & knowledge is not always conveyed to employers correctly.
- Assessment Tools not available that relate to Military Personnel
Disabled Veteran, US Army and a Proud Recruiter!