HR Superhero Michael VanDervort posted something intriguing on Facebook, a debate on flight vs. invisibility at debate.org - and my brain immediately went into HR STEM mode (Be sure to stop over at The Human Race Horses to read Mike’s take on it).
Invisibility – it’s like a 2 for 1. I could just walk on the airplane anytime I want and let it fly me.
As if that in itself doesn’t win the debate, here are 10 HR work reasons I would choose plasmonic cover.
- No meetings at work where you really have to be seen? Wear pajamas, don’t worry about hair, makeup, etc.
- Conduct effortless employee relations and incident investigations – imagine the possibilities.
- No embarrassing moment if you leave your zipper down after using the restroom.
- Reprieve from having to reply ‘hi’ to every person that says it to you every single time they pass you in the hall all day long.
- Real honest to goodness ability to monitor how much time IT peeps actually work vs. RPG.
- A way to know who really washes their hands in the restroom. With soap.
- Feet up on the desk no matter who is around!
- You could hang out in the breakroom and know what’s really going on – eliminating the need for those silly employee satisfaction surveys.
- Avoid associates who think your job is social worker/psychologist.
- You could sneak your dog into your office.
Grab a pair of smashing Tom Fords just like the ones I wear – on sale! =)